So, you’ve probably tried purchasing Minecraft from Minecraft.net but were unable to complete the order. I know what you’re going through — the “Error Placing Order” prompt is appearing there many times whereas you’ve already made sure your card info is accurate.
With that at hand, how to fix Minecraft Error Placing Order in 2022? That we’ll find out today. For instance, this guide shows some actionable ways to overcome the bugs you might be facing during the purchase.
Read Also: How to install OptiFine on Minecraft?
That said, let’s dive in.
FIX 1: Update Your Browser to the Latest Version
An outdated browser is the commonest reason people are unable to buy Minecraft. The reason it happens is the security concerns.
As a rule of thumb, an outdated browser comes with outdated security measures which could be holding your payment back. So, updating to the latest version of your browser will help solve the issue.
The case is even more common for the Google Chrome browser — it frequently brings out new security updates and recommends users to update to the latest version.
We’ve seen many users overcome their international payment issues by simply updating the browser they use for purchases.
Follow the steps below to update Google Chrome to the latest version available:
- Open Google Chrome and click the three dots on the top-right corner — it’ll open up a menu.
- Now, hover your mouse on Help and then click About Google Chrome.
- Once you’ve made it to the next screen, wait for a while and see if Google Chrome is checking for updates. And if the update is available, wait for it to install.
- Lastly, after the installation of the latest version is complete, we recommend restarting your browser before you try to purchase Minecraft again.
If it still doesn’t help, head over to another fix that works for you.
Also Read: How to force Minecraft to use GPU?
FIX 2: Make Sure International Banking is Unblocked
It’s not uncommon to face Minecraft placing order errors when international banking is blocked from your bank’s end. So, if you’re purchasing the game outside Sweeden (where Mojang payments process), make sure your international banking is unblocked.
But before you even do that, it’s important to make sure your card details are still legit.
After you’ve made sure of that but not sure whether your credit/debit card is still eligible for international payments, consider calling your bank customer support and asking them to unblock international banking on your card.
Also, please note that different banks can have different issues associated with this Minecraft error. It is even possible that your card offers international payments but may be blocking the Minecraft payment processor.
If you’ve made sure your international payments are unblocked but the issue still remains, try another potential solution.
FIX 3: Purchase from Windows 10 Store Instead
As a rule of thumb, using an alternative way to purchase Minecraft may help since there will be different procedures and payment processors.
However, purchasing Minecraft from Windows 10 store will only be applicable if you’re running Windows 10 and want to purchase Minecraft for it.
And if you are using Windows 10, surely consider this method since plenty of people facing Minecraft Error Placing Order have found it effective.
Follow the steps below to purchase Minecraft directly from Microsoft Store (Windows 10 Store):
- Press Windows key + R to open up the Run Box.
- Once it is opened, type ‘ms–windows–store:’ and click OK — it’ll open up Windows 10 store on your computer.
- Next, use the search bar on the top right corner to search for Minecraft.
- Now, click the Minecraft version you’re looking for and then click Buy.
- Once the purchase is complete, wait for the game to download and launch.
Note: You could also use Steam to purchase Minecraft, as an alternative to Mojang and Microsoft.
Did this method also not work? Try another fix from below.
FIX 4: Using Redeem Code to Buy Minecraft
Using a redeem code is yet another effective solution for the issue. We’ve seen that many users overcome the Minecraft order placing error by using a redeem code, using the same official website.
We recommend the marketplaces like G2A for that as it’ll help to avoid the Sweden-based payment processor which could be the cause of the issue.
Moreover, you could also purchase a gift code from mahjong’s website. Follow the instructions below to do that:
- Head over to the Mijang’s Login Page and click the button “Buy Gift Code”
- Now, use a valid account to sign in or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- If you’re creating an account, verify your email to keep ongoing.
- Once done, it’ll redirect you to an Amazon listing where you’ll be able to get the game as a digital disk key. It’ll be delivered to you through email.
- You can visit Mojang’s Redeem Page and use the key yourself instead of gifting it to someone else.
FIX 5: Contacting Microsoft or Mojang Customer Support
If nothing above works for you, we’d recommend contacting the customer support of Microsoft or Mojang and most likely they’ll be able to help you with the purchase.
Speaking of Mojang, simply navigate to their Contact Page and open a ticket. It’s recommended to thoroughly explain your issue to get an effective solution.
In our experience, Mojang’s support took quite a while to respond. Alternatively, you can consider Microsoft’s customer support if Microsoft Store is also an applicable option for you but not working either.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some frequent queries from the guide:
Why can’t I buy Minecraft?
There are many reasons you may be unable to purchase Minecraft. Firstly, make sure your browser is up-to-date and your bank card supports international payments. If it still doesn’t work, purchase from an alternative marketplace — like Microsoft Store or Steam.
How do I fix the Minecraft command error?
Below are some effective ways to fix the Microsoft command error:
- Remove some tags by cut-and-paste. Use Ctrl+X to cut and Ctrl+V to paste.
- Look out for additional brackets and symbols like curly brackets, quotation marks, colons, etc.
- Lastly, double-check the type of values that were passed to your data tags.
Can I get Minecraft for free?
You cannot get Minecraft for free. Even if you do somehow, it won’t be legal. The official copy of Minecraft: Java Edition requires you to purchase the game. There are many ways to purchase the game, whatsoever.
Where can I buy Minecraft from?
We recommend purchasing Minecraft from their official website (Minecraft.net). Alternatively, if you’re running Windows, you can use Microsoft Store. Furthermore, Steam is also an available option in case you need it.
Can’t buy Minecraft? Here are some takeaways from today’s guide:
- One of the main reasons behind Minecraft error placing an order is outdated web browser due to security issues associated with outdated apps — we recommend switching to the latest browser version before purchasing Minecraft.
- Another common issue is that your international banking could be blocked by your bank — consider contacting them and getting it unblocked if you think this could be the issue.
- If you’re willing to get Minecraft on Windows, do give Windows Store a try — alternatively, you can also consider purchasing Minecraft through Stream.
- Using redeem codes to purchase Minecraft has been found effective to overcome the Minecraft placing order error.
- If nothing works for you, consider contacting the customer support of Mojang or Microsoft and thoroughly explain your problem to get an effective solution.