What is a WPS Pin? WPS’s full form is ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’, and it helps your device connect to the internet. WPS pin is a unique eight-digit code used to connect your device to routers wirelessly whilst providing additional security. Moreover, the WPS Pin secures your device from getting hacked by third-party users, and you can even block unknown users.
How to find WPS pin for Samsung printer? You can find the WPS Pin on Samsung printer screen by locating the printer’s control panel and pressing the ‘Wireless’ button in the settings. Then, open the ‘Wi-Fi protected setup’ and follow the instructions on the screen to set up your wireless network. For more instructions and to know all about how to use WPS pin for Samsung printer, scroll down.
Types of WPS connection on a Samsung printer
There are two types of WPS connection on Samsung printers;
WPS Pin: You can easily use the WPS Pin (8 digit code) to connect your printer to the internet without the tension of getting hacked.
WPS Button: The WPS button on the router can also be used to connect the printer to the internet. All you have to do is press the WPS button to get started.
Connect your Samsung printer using the WPS pin
You have come to the right place if you have the latest Samsung printer and want to know how to find the WPS pin for the Samsung printer. You need to follow some steps to find the WPS pin as the pin is not located on the printer. But first, bring your router/wireless network near the Samsung printer so that the WPS pin on the Samsung printer is generated in no time. Now, follow the below-given steps to connect your Samsung printer using the WPS pin successfully.
- Firstly, turn On your printer and go to the control panel.
- Now, press the ‘Wireless’ button in the settings.
- Next, open the ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’ and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to set up your wireless network.
- Once you have completed the instructions, a screen will appear for the pin. Click on the Pin option to display the WPS Pin on your screen.
- After the WPS pin is generated, you must configure the utility for a wireless router.
- Open the configuration software or the utility of your router and enter the WPS Pin that was generated earlier.
- After completing the setup procedure, install the network printer driver. Click the ‘connect a new printer’ option in the ‘Printer Setup and Software’ of all your Samsung printers’ folders.
Congratulations, you have connected your printer to the internet via the WPS Pin on the Samsung printer.
You can also use the WPS button on the router to connect your printer to the internet. First, bring close both the router and printer. Now follow the below-given steps to connect your Samsung printer using the WPS button.
- Find the WPS button on the router and long-press it. The WPS button might be on the front or backside of the router. However, you can instead open the router’s setup page and form the Wi-Fi Protected button by clicking the WPS.
- You can open the router setup page by opening your web browser. Then, type ‘22.214.171.124’ in the search bar and press enter. The router’s setup page will open.
- Now you will see the username and password fields on the page. Leave the username empty, type ‘admin’ as the password, and hit enter.
- Wait for two minutes, and then press the WPS button again on the router.
- Finally, your Samsung printer will be connected to the router automatically.
Connect your Samsung printer using the router WPS pin
Don’t worry if the above two methods have failed. You can also connect your Samsung printer using the router’s WPS Pin. How to connect the Samsung printer using the router’s WPS pin? Follow the steps given below;
- Open the router setup page by opening your browser. Then, type ‘126.96.36.199’ in the search bar and hit enter. The router setup page will open.
- You will notice username and password fields on the router setup page. Leave the username empty and type admin as the password. Now hit enter.
- You will find the ‘Wireless’ option once you have logged in. Click on the ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)’ under the ‘Wireless’
- Now locate the WPS Pin on the bottom of the router with its serial number and address information. Enter this WPS Pin when the device asks for it.
- Finally, follow all the on-screen instructions to successfully connect your printer to the internet using the router’s WPS pin.
We have summarized how to find a WPS pin on Samsung printer. You can quickly locate the WPS pin with the above-given steps and connect your printer to the router wirelessly without any difficulty. However, if you fail to connect your device to the internet, ask for help from Samsung Printer Support.