Are you scraping through the internet with these searches “Fortnite won’t launch on PC”, “Fortnite won’t launch”, or Fortnite not working? The problem can be with the game, graphics card, computer configurations, or more. It can be hard to identify the possible cause at times, but it’s not impossible.
Fortnite is an amazing Battle Royale game, but it’s definitely not free from errors or glitches. If you’re facing any problem while launching the game, then it probably needs a fix.
Don’t worry, there’s nothing that a good PC reboot can’t do, but if the problem persists, then try out the other fixes mentioned below.
Fortnite Won’t Load? Try These Fixes
Skip why isn’t Fortnite working and try these fixes to get it up and fixed in no time!
Run the Game as Administrator
It’s a heavy game that requires permissions and privileges to run smoothly. If your Fortnite is not working, then the issue might be related to administrative reasons.
You need to provide permissions to run Fortnite or else the game will always be on the verge of crashing. Here’s how you can run the game as an administrator.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the Fortnite files.
- Go to FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64.
- Go to FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping and right-click on it.
- Click on Properties.
- Go to Compatibility and click on it. Tick the Run this program as an administrator option and apply settings by clicking OK.
- Follow the same procedure for FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-BE, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-EAC, and Fortnite Launcher.
This will be able to resolve the issue in no time, but if you’re still facing it, try out the next fix.
Play With Low Graphics Settings
Playing the game with High graphics might be the reason why Fortnite won’t load. High graphics can take time to load and thus, your game will suffer.
What you can do is set your graphics to low and then try launching the game. Here’s how you can do it:
- Scroll to Fortnite Settings, then click on Video Settings.
- Adjust these video settings:
- Display Resolution: Set according to your display computer’s resolution
- Quality: Set to medium or low
- Anti-Aliasing: Turn it off
- Show FPS: Turn it on
- Shadows: Turn it off
- Textures: Low
- Effects: Low
- View Distance: Set to far or medium
Don’t forget to restart your PC after saving the settings. Hopefully, your Fortnite will start working after it. But if it doesn’t, we have other fixes for you as well.
Update Device Drivers
Updating device drivers is easy. Remember whenever anything goes wrong with your device, you must update the device drivers first. You can update them through a third-party app or Windows update.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Device Manager on your PC
- Check the devices on your PC in the list of category
- Right-click on any device and click on Update Driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software to update it
- If the driver is not automatically updated through Windows, then check the manufacturer’s site for updates
Update the Game
Moving to an easy solution – simply update the latest patch of the game. Epic Games developers don’t stop and are continuously releasing the latest game updates to fix errors and glitches.
Sometimes, you don’t update the game that leads to Fortnite crashes or trouble in loading the game.
Install the latest game patch on your PC that will probably fix all the errors. Make sure to restart your computer after uploading the patch and then try loading the game. Chances are, it will definitely start working!
Try Reinstalling the Game
One of the simplest and easiest methods to fix the issue is to reinstall the game. If none of the fixes work, then maybe this fix will solve the issue in no time.
Fortnite won’t load probably because of an update or patch for the game. Reinstalling Fortnite with the latest version can solve the issue in a jiffy. Hopefully, it will help you resolve any bugs or errors as well.
Is Fortnite Down? These Fixes Will Help You
If Fortnite is not working, then it could be due to a lot of reasons. The above-mentioned fixes will resolve the issue in no time for you. Try a few of them if Fortnite won’t launch on PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Fortnite when it’s not launching?
Here’s how you can fix the issue.
- Verify the game files.
- Update the drivers on your PC.
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Check if your system meets the standard requirements to launch Fortnite.
- Update the latest patch of the game.
Why is my Fortnite not working?
Fortnite won’t load probably because there are pending updates to be installed. Furthermore, it can also be due to outdated graphic drivers. It can also be due to a bug or error in the game, which is often resolved with the latest update.
How to clear the cache on Epic Game Launcher?
To clear the cache on Epic Game Launcher, press Windows + R and type “%localappdata%” to open the File Explorer window. Click on the Epic Games Launcher to open it, then open the Saved folder. Once in it, click on the web cache folder and then delete it.
Why is my Epic Game Launcher so slow?
Often the problem persists due to the router struggling to catch more signals. If there are a lot of devices operating on the same router, then the best thing is to disconnect these devices when you’re opening the Epic Game Launcher. Also, try to restart your router.